• On June 4-5, all state park vehicle admission fees on all DNR-owned properties are waived.
• All state trail pass fees on all DNR-owned properties are waived.
• Cooperatively-run state trails also may waive fees on this day.
Free Trails June 4-5
• On June 4-5, all state trail pass fees on all DNR- owned properties are waived.
• Cooperatively-run state trails also may waive fees.
Plan your Free Fun Weekend
Planning your adventure is as easy as 1-2-3 with our online tools.
- Use Explore Outdoors to select the activities you want to do and where you want to go. Or find a park, forest, recreation area or trail and then explore your options for activities.
- Decide if you want to sleep under the stars or wake up to modern conveniences.
- If you want to stay over night at a state park or forest, reserve a campsite . Entry to state parks, forests and recreation areas is free June 4 and 5 but camping and other fees apply.
- Visit www.travelwisconsin.com for other accomodations.
- View our nature and events calendar for state parks and forests for that weekend and our fishing clinic schedule.
- View Travelwisconsin.com to see what else is going on in the area. Options are good to have in the back pocket when traveling with families or a big group of friends.
Where to go
Family-Friendly Trail Map Try these flatter, shorter trails with lots to look at and experience, including tunnels and waterfalls at some. http://dnr.wi.gov/news/maps/familyfriendlyhikes.html