Located in Door County, Wi, In Newport State Park, The Newport Wilderness Society:
- provide qualified guides for interpretive nature hikes about natural history of trees, ferns, wildflowers, birds, butterflies and about human history of this area.
- pull garlic mustard and phragmites.
- manage blue bird trails and monitor monarch butterfly migration.
- write and publish informational pamphlets and brochures, offer presentations on the meaning of wilderness, light candles and serve refreshments for the February candlelight ski.
- put on Newport Wilderness Day in September,.
The “Society” was founded in 1985 as a non-profit 501©(3) organization.