PHOTO CONTEST HAS ENDED
The Friends of Wisconsin State Parks are excited to announce their 2015 Photo Contest! You may submit your entries from July 1, 2015 through Monday August 31, 2015 and we are looking for photos that capture visitors enjoying state parks, forests and trails!The 2016 Friends of Wisconsin State Parks Calendar will be featured as part of the December 2015 issue of the Wisconsin Natural Resources magazine. People have until August 31, 2015 to enter their favorite photographs from a Wisconsin state park, forest, trail or recreation areas in a contest with winning photos to be included in the 2016 Friends of Wisconsin State Parks Calendar.
Again in 2015, in addition to being available for purchase, the calendar will be distributed to more than 86,000 subscribers of Wisconsin Natural Resources magazine in the December 2015 issue.
This is the seventh year the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks has sponsored the photography competition.
“There are lots of activities happening at Wisconsin state parks during the four seasons,” said Patty Loosen, state coordinator for FWSP. “So we’re asking for entries that include in addition to the beautiful scenery, people enjoying activities like hiking, picnicking, biking, cross country skiing, kayaking, horseback riding, and biking. We are looking for entries that represent all four seasons.”
The deadline for all submissions is Monday, August 31, 2015.
Photographs must have been shot within the past three years (since January 1, 2013).
- Photographs must portray a specific Wisconsin State Park, Forest, or Trail and cannot include illegal activities (i.e. camping in an unauthorized area). We are looking for photos that show scenes from the parks, forests, trails and recreation areas. Wildlife photos will not score as high as scenery submissions.
- Only Horizontal images will be accepted.
- Light edits/enhancements only — heavy effects or manipulations will not be considered.
- Photos must be submitted electronically. All photos must be described on the contest entry form, which must be included with your photos.
- An entrant must hold all rights to a photograph. For a photo in which a person is recognizable, you must secure a model release from the subject and include this with the submission.
- Photographs previously published or pending publication, or photos that violate or infringe upon another person's copyright, are not eligible.
- You may submit more than one photograph per season and up to four(4) total entries. We do not accept more than one contestant per email address.
- Employees of the DNR and board members of the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks and their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
- Photos must be the highest resolution possible — a minimum of 1600px x 2000px at 300 dpi.
- The image is your own;
- The photo has not been altered beyond light editing/enhancements.
- The photo is not subject to any third party agreements;
- No laws were violated in obtaining the photo.
Internet access is required to participate in the contest. Participants must review the full rules before entering any photos. Photos must be submitted electronically. There is no entry fee to participate. No more than four(4) photos may be entered by any one person.
A panel of Friends of Wisconsin State Parks board members and staff will review accepted entries and select the winning photos. Photo awards will be presented at the FWSP Annual Awards banquet on November 14, 2015.Deadline:
Entries must be uploaded by SUNDAY, August 31, 2015, 11:59 PM.By participating in the contest, you hereby grant FWSP unlimited, non-exclusive, irrevocable permission to publish and reproduce your image in media including but not limited to the, website, and promotional materials into perpetuity.FWSP reserves the right to exclude any photo from the contest.
Direct any questions about the Photo Contest to:
Friends of Wisconsin State Parks Coordinator