Devil’s Lake State Park hosts more than 1,500,000 visitors a year. To ensure that the park remains an unspoiled jewel of nature, members of the non-profit Friends of Devil’s Lake State Park (FODL) group contribute their minds, muscle, and money.
The Friends partner with park staff and volunteers to complete environmental and beautification projects, sponsor educational and recreational activities for park visitors, and raise funds to support special park needs.
As a member of the Friends of Devil’s Lake State Park you will:
- Give a helping hand to make sure the park remains a natural wonder for everyone to enjoy
- Gain a sense of personal pride and ownership in the park
- Have fun outdoors completing work projects
- Find new friends
- Contribute to special projects
- Receive the FODL newsletter that informs you of projects, plans, and activities at the park
Founded in 1911, Devil's Lake is the third oldest state park in Wisconsin, the largest and the most visited.Devil's Lake offers magnificent views from 500-foot quartzite bluffs overlooking a 360-acre lake. Enjoy lakeshore picnic areas, sandy swimming beaches, 29 miles of hiking trails or ease into the backcountry solitude. Devil's Lake is a beautiful year-round park with an intriguing natural history along the 1,000-mile Ice Age National Scenic Trail.
Source: Web site: http://www.devilslakefriends.org/