The 2014 GOLD SEAL Award contest is sponsored by the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks. The contest was open to all campers, bikers, hunters, hikers, anglers, and park visitors of Wisconsin.
Each year, votes are made by the public online at The Friends of Wisconsin State Parks Web site: fwsp.org .
2014 GOLD SEAL AWARDS
- Best Wedding venue – Heritage Hill State Historical Park (Link)
- Best Concessions at a park – Peninsula State Park (Link)
- Best place to Kayak/canoe – Mirror Lake State Park (Link)
- Best place for quiet recreating – Newport State Park (Link)
- Best self - guided nature trail – KMSF – Southern Unit (Link)
- Best place to hike with children – KMSF – Lapham Peak (Link)
- Best Family Friendly bike trail – Elroy Sparta State Trail (Link)
- Best place to see a variety of birds – Richard Bong SRA (Link)
- Best view from park/trail bench – Wyalusing State Park (Link)
- Best place to see fireflies while camping – Gov. Thompson State Park (Link)
The Friends of Wisconsin State Parks was created to preserve, protect, promote and enhance Wisconsin’s state parks, forests, trails and recreation areas. Friends of Wisconsin State Parks is a non-profit umbrella organization supporting over 80 friends groups around the state. FWSP provides technical support, sponsors events such as Work*Play*Earth Day and the annual Volunteer Jamboree.