Heritage Hill State Park*

hhExperience "living history" at this 48-acre, outdoor museum in Green Bay. The park features 25 structures from Wisconsin's past — the fur trade in 1762,Location Fort Howard in 1836, small towns in 1871, and ethnic farms in 1905.
My dad and I stopped in on a rainy and stormy day. We knew we would have to see what we wanted to see quickly before we got soaked. We surveyed some of the buildings before we could see the storm bringing lightning, thunder, and plenty of rain moving in.
My hope was to capture a picture of lightning behind one of the buildings. My efforts were done in vain, however. All I earned was a mad dash back to our car to avoid soaking my camera. I made it just in the nick of time.
This visit only made me want to go back to explore more. There are many unique and interesting events happening here. It should be a must see when in Green Bay. Take a hop on over the next time you’re in-town for a Packer game!
 Heritage Hill Web site
*
----------------------------------
***** Jonathon Ringdahl visited all of Wisconsin’s 64 State Parks, State Forests, and recreational areas in 2012. This is another in a series of articles he is writing for the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks. Opinions expressed in this blog are the author’s