"Film the Fun"
2014 Photo Contest has expired. Winners to be announced.The Friends of Wisconsin State Parks (FWSP) invites all interested individuals to enter their favorite State Park, Forest, or Trail photos in our fifth annual photography competition. Winners will be featured in the 2014 Friends of Wisconsin State Parks Calendar, released in October 2013.
There are lots of activities happening at Wisconsin state parks during the four seasons. We ask that your entries include beautiful scenery or activities like geocaching, art in the park, stargazing, candlelight skis, kayaking, horseback riding, out with pets, and mountain biking.
The deadline for all submissions is Friday, August 30, 2013.
Who May Enter:
Submissions are accepted from amateur photographers ages 14 and over. Professional photographers who earn more than half of their income taking pictures are not eligible. The Friends of Wisconsin State Parks board members will determine winners' eligibility.
Employees of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and board members of the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks and their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
Photographs must have been shot within the past three years (since January 1, 2011).
- Photographs must portray a specific Wisconsin State Park, Forest, or Trail and cannot include illegal activities (i.e. camping in an unauthorized area). We are looking for photos that show scenes from the parks, forests, trails and recreation areas. Wildlife photos will not score as high as scenery submissions.
- Cropped photos are eligible, horizontal images are preferred. We do not accept digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered photos.
- An entrant must hold all rights to a photograph. For a photo in which a person is recognizable, you must secure a model release from the subject and include this with the submission.
- Photographs previously published or pending publication, or photos that violate or infringe upon another person's copyright, are not eligible.
- You may submit more than one photograph per season and up to four(4) total entries. We do not accept more than one contestant per email address.
- The image is your own;
- The photo has not been altered beyond standard optimization;
- The photo is not subject to any third party agreements;
- And no laws were violated in obtaining the photo.
FWSP will review each photograph received and will accept only those entries that meet the official requirements outlined in these rules. A panel of FWSP board members and staff will review accepted entries and select the winning photos. Selected photos are not official winners until high resolution, watermark-free versions are provided to FWSP. If such a version cannot be provided, an alternate winner will be selected. The decisions of FWSP and the contest judges are final.
Winners will be notified in September 2013 and invited to the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet in October 2013.
Winning photos will appear in the 2014 FWSP calendar, tentatively set to release October, 2013.