Friends of Wisconsin State Parks
P.O. Box 2271
Madison, WI 53701
Outreach Coordinator for the State Parks of Wisconsin
101 S. Webster Street PR6
Madison, WI 53707
Black Friday shopping can be GREEN!
Special 2013 Donations and the Tax Savings. Donate from your IRA Account. Learn more.
Consider these fun and rewarding alternatives to early rising and long lines on Black Friday:
- Buy 2014 Wisconsin State Park stickers and trail passes for Christmas gifts – shop in the online store on the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks website – FWSP.org
- Spend the day hiking or biking at one of your favorite state parks, forests or trails – not only will you burn off calories from that Thanksgiving meal , but you also begin a fall/winter routine that will keep you on track during the holidays.
- Use the day to reduce clutter –bring items that you don’t use any more to local thrift stores, donate items to a local charity or find ways to repurpose things for another use.
- Write your holiday gift giving list
– consider an emphasis on gifts of time, such as tickets to a show or event, gifts of yourself, such as a coupon boo of services for the person receiving the gift or teaching a skill that you have.
- Make online donations to your favorite non-profit organization or charity for a gift that will be used all year long to support their work. Examples: your local Friends group, Wisconsin Natural Resources Foundation, Friends of Wisconsin State Parks –FWSP.org