The 2017 Friends of Wisconsin State Parks Calendar will be featured as part of the December 2016 issue of the Wisconsin Natural Resources magazine. It will also be featured as an item in the online store.
This is the eigth year the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks has sponsored the photography competition.
- Photographs must portray a specific Wisconsin State Park, Forest, or Trail and cannot include illegal activities (i.e. camping in an unauthorized area). We are looking for photos that show scenes from the parks, forests, trails and recreation areas. Wildlife photos will not score as high as scenery submissions.
- Only horizontal images will be accepted.
- Light edits/enhancements only — heavy effects or manipulations will not be considered.
- Photos must be submitted electronically. All photos must be described on the contest entry form, which must be included with your photos.
- An entrant must hold all rights to a photograph. For a photo in which a person is recognizable, you must secure a model release from the subject and include this with the submission.
- Photographs previously published or pending publication, or photos that violate or infringe upon another person's copyright, are not eligible.
- You may submit more than one photograph per season and up to four(4) total entries. We do not accept more than one contestant per email address.
- Employees of the DNR and board members of the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks and their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
- Photos must be the highest resolution possible — a minimum of 1600px x 2000px at 300 dpi.
- The image is your own;
- The photo has not been altered beyond light editing/enhancements.
- The photo is not subject to any third party agreements;
- No laws were violated in obtaining the photo.
Internet access is required to participate in the contest. Participants must review the full rules before entering any photos. Photos must be submitted electronically. There is no entry fee to participate. No more than four(4) photos may be entered by any one person.
A panel of Friends of Wisconsin State Parks board members and staff will review accepted entries and select the winning photos. Photo awards will be presented at the FWSP Annual Awards banquet to be announced laterDeadline:
Entries must be uploaded by Wednesday August 31, 2016, midnightBy participating in the contest, you hereby grant FWSP unlimited, non-exclusive, irrevocable permission to publish and reproduce your image in media including but not limited to the, website, and promotional materials into perpetuity.perpetuity reserves the right to exclude any photo from the contest.
Board of Directors
Friends of Wisconsin State Parks Coordinator