Friends of Wisconsin State Parks are asking for your vote in this year's contest categories. If you are a camper, biker, hunter, angler, or park visitor, cast your vote for your favorite state park, forest, or trail in the categories below.
The winning parks, forests and trails will be honored with a Gold Seal Award at the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks 20th Anniversary & Awards Banquet on Saturday, November 5, 2016. The statewide Friends of Wisconsin State Parks organization runs the Gold Seal Award program each year to highlight Wisconsin’s parks, trails, and forests.
This year, the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks have named the following categories:
- Best park/trail to visit in all 4 seasons
- Best backpack campsite
- Best park/trail for adventure sports
- Best remote state park
- Best trail with interpretive signage
- Best “First Day Hike"
- Best park/trail with an overlook of the property
- Best park/trail for kids to complete he Explorer Books
- Best display of maple trees in the fall
- Best park to offer naturalist programs for campers & visitors
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: Patty Loosen – Friends of Wisconsin State Parks coordinator