Some of the Wisconsin State Parks are looking for Camp hosts for the 2015 camping season.
- Wyalusing State Park – for info call: 608-996-2261 (Friends Web Site)
- Hartman Creek State Park- for info call: 715-258-2372 (Friends Web Site)
- Pike Lake State Forest – for info call: 262-670-3400 (Friends Web Site)
- Kettle Moraine State Forest - Southern unit - for info call: 262-594-6200
- Yellowstone Lake State Park - for info call: 608-523-4427
- As a campground host volunteer, you receive free camping.
- Each site usually comes with a free electrical hook-up and may include water and/or sewer.
- The schedules of our volunteer hosts allow you ample time to enjoy recreational activities with friends and family members while providing volunteer services within the state park.
- Hosts will have the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life and perhaps develop new friendships.
- One of the most important benefits hosts receive is a sense of satisfaction that comes in knowing you have helped make the camping experience more enjoyable for other campers.
Who Can Host:
- Hosts can be individuals or teams such as a wife and husband.
- You must be 18 years of age or older and have your own camping gear.
- Hosts may stay from 2 weeks to the entire season and there could be an opportunity to rotate hosts among other state parks for a broader experience
As a representative of the Department of Natural Resources, a host:
- Stays in a campsite at the campground and volunteers a few hours a day.
- Greets and assists campers with information about the park and facilities.
- Assists in daily campground operations and set an example by being a model camper.
- May clean campsites, bathrooms, and facilities and assist with light maintenance.
- Dispenses park information and assists with campground programs.
- Enjoys the company of other campers and makes sure that they enjoy their stay.
- Expected to serve a minimum of two to four consecutive weeks
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- DNR employees are not eligible
- Must provide own camping equipment, food, and other personal items for your stay
- Required to pass a background check
If you are interested in volunteering in Wisconsin State Parks, contact the property supervisor where you would like to volunteer to discuss available opportunities. Anyone who would like be a volunteer must fill out a Volunteer Agreement (PDF). Property superintendents will review the agreement and interview and select all volunteers. Find a State Park, Forest, Recreation Area, or Trail Volunteer Agreement [PDF]